Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stupid cold

It is starting to get cold up here. I'm not a fan of the cold. Not looking forward to another winter up here. They are quite long, quite bitter, and don't allow me to ride my bike. Which completely sucks. But so it goes.. life continues.. and these soon to be frigid days will pass.

There is something about the cold up here, I'm not sure exactly what it is. It just cuts quite deep. Perhaps it is the wind. I know that I lived in the desert where it got quite cold on occasion.. but I think it is something to do with the combination of humidity and temperature. Bah, I really don't know... but it is quite terrible at times.

In other news... aikido is going well. Despite the differences I'm really enjoying getting out there. I miss the aggressiveness of Mr. Hollender's style... but it is also sort of nice to not need to rely on ibuprofen to be able to move the next day. Also, I miss taking breakfalls.. but perhaps I need to work my way up to it.

One sort of annoying thing... after getting to know that deer very well a few years back... my ankles still have some pretty significant scarring. Well, I found out on Monday, that apparenetly rolling around on tatami mats and scar tissue don't get along so well. Excusing one's self off the mat on your second practice due to massive bleeding is quite embarassing. I hate to say, but I think I'll be wearing ankle guards for the rest of my aikido career. If after nearly 3 years my ankles still aren't healed.. I can't imagine that they'll ever be up to the rigors mat work. Oh wells.

Ok, that is all.

-Later

No comments: