Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tired

I've been sleeping like crap lately. I don't know what the issue is, but lately I can't seem to get to sleep at night. It isn't like I'm just in bed, trying to get to sleep. No, I'm actually fully awake until around 2-3 each morning. It is quite irritating and I don't know why it is.

Ideally I would like to get to sleep early and wake up early. I think ol' Ben said that that makes a person healthy, rich and smart. But I can't remember the quote since I'm tired.

But I've been going to sleep late, and waking up no so late. I think I average around 5 hours of sleep a night. That just isn't good. I know that the ideal amount of time to sleep is 8-9 hours a night, but is anyone really getting that? Seriously. Does anyone out there get 8+ hours of sleep a night. Whenever I try to sleep that much I feel really tired the next day. If I'm going to be tired, I might as well not waste over 10% of my day sleeping.

Tonight I'm going to make a concentrated effort to be in bed reading by 11pm and the lights off by 11:30. If I get my normal 5 hours of sleep and wake at 4am.. well, the gym isn't even open at that time, so I'll be forced to either get more sleep.. or putter around the apartment until the gym does open. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Stupid sleep... can't we just make a pill that keeps us awake? I see them at truck stops all the time. There aren't any negative side effects to these right? What about Adderall? Hmm... I need more of my friends to be pharmacists who don't care about their jobs.

-Later

No comments: