Monday, October 23, 2006

Epic ride

Well 300 miles in two days proved to be too much for me and I had to call it after the first day. My knees failed me, the incredible calf cramp where I was sitting at a gas station in some dinky down and suddenly screaming, and the fact that another 150 miles of hills would have been just too much. I'm still pleased I got through the first day though, climbed to the highest point between the Appalachians and the Rockies (at least according to the people I was with.. I was much too tired to think if they were right or not... though 2 seconds on Google just proved them correct), and generally had a great time with the guys. Wish I had had the stamina to do both days... but sometimes knowing your own limits is important too. Hopefully there will be some good pictures of us riding and I'll attempt to post them here. There should hopefully be a couple of really good ones, one of the sag drivers is a really good photographer and he was snapping a lot of shots of us climbing up mountains etc. Also, Blake was carrying a camera in his pocket and snapped a few ones, including one of us screaming down a hill. He took the picture one handed, while staying tucked.. how he did it, I don't know.

Ok, enough ramble for one post.. going to get back to work. And you guys are much to mean to Niki.. if anything it was Niki and her boy falling out of bed together to cause the earthquake.

Later

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

shit, i hadn't re-read the comments to the last post, i didn't realize i got made fun of. thanks for bringing it to my attention. How can sean not have time to post a damn thing on his journal, and yet still find time to make fun of me on others? get some priorities man.

Dave said...

I try to be helpful and point out the mockery of others when it is directed at you.

J Williams said...

niki's boyfriend is fat? DORITOS ARE TO BLAME.

Dave said...

Man, this is making me crave some Doritos.. damn you Joey.

Anonymous said...

my bf can't be fat. i eat all the food/doritos before he gets a chance

J Williams said...

meriweather? is that a new brand of doritos?

(you are what you eat, i mean)